Complete Uninstall iTunes on Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit

Recently I had an issue with my 64-bit iTunes software on my Windows 7 Professional notebook.

iTunes could not be updated to the latest version and I constantly got this error message 

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

I tried uninstalling iTunes on my PC and re-installing with the same issue.

It seems you need to uninstall a few software components related to iTunes.

I did this and re-installed iTunes 64-bit on my Windows 7 Pro notebook successfully.

Go to your Control Panel and choose "Uninstall a Program" or search the Control Panel (on the top right) with the term "uninstall" to locate the link

Uninstall these software components in this exact order to avoid potential issues (as recommended on the Apple website)


  1. iTunes
  2. Apple Software Update
  3. Apple Mobile Device Support
  4. Bonjour
  5. Apple Application Support 32-bit
  6. Apple Application Support 64-bit


After doing this re-install iTunes 64-bit for Windows

Note: When trying to uninstall "Apple Software Update" I ran into some issue stating a problem with the installer. It seems this software was the issue all along.

To uninstall "Apple Software Update" I clicked "Repair" first then proceeded with the uninstall 

This fixed the issues and iTunes latest version was installed afterwards.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Display Custom Wordpress Header with Google Analytics Site Tage and Adwords Site Tag